Saturday, February 13, 2010

Random Thoughts 2


Oh lucky, lucky reader - just as I was signing off with my latest masterpiece of prose, I looked up and saw, wonder of wonders, the little thing-a-majig that let's me upload my photos.

So with no further interruption, let me introduce you to one of my handsewn pieces of jewelry, Red Jasper and Swarovski Crystal Fringe Necklace.

As you can tell by the title the necklace is hand sewn, made with red jasper chips and swarovski crystal. It also has some glass and seed beads. I was originally sewing my necklaces with silk thread but didn't feel that was strong enough. My new pieces are sewn using thin fireline wire, which is stronger and will not break.

I am afraid as with so many people new to selling their work online, my pictures do not do my jewelry justice. Doesn't seem quite fair having put all that work into it, but c'est la vie. This particular piece took about 10 hours of sewing and, if I do say so myself, which I do, it looks great in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment